Friday, August 26, 2005

The TUFFNESS

I love my brothers. David and Seth have kept me well entertained since 1982 and 1985 respectively.

They certainly are interesting creatures. In some ways I think it's possible that throughout their teenage years (and I still find this to be true occasionally), that they were moodier than myself and my sister, Sarah, put together. Hmmm. But this is not what I'm trying to say. What I really want to say is that they are HILARIOUS!

Seriously, HILARIOUS.

They always come up with odd sorts of games and tricks to play on, well, mostly family, but others as well. When they tell stories, they always turn really red when they get into it and really excited about it. (Although, I find this true for myself as well.) And the voice levels tend to increase with the amount of excitedness involved. Again, this is common in my family in general.

Two of my favorite games are the "break your neck" game that David gets me with EVERYTIME, and the "ah shaddup" game, which I catch onto once in a while. When they get me, I try to pretend I don't get it, or I blatantly try to get them back right away just to save the little dignity I have left. Usually because I am completely baffled as to why I let these silly games get to me. Although, I've had some good comebacks when they've least expected it.

Recently, well, over the past couple of years (I think), my brothers have come up with a "Tuffness" scale. Apparently there are tons of rules and you can find these rules in their "Tuffness manuals." The JGTM and the UJTM. I forget which one is the "Tuffer" one. But I'm pretty sure it's the UJTM. (The first two letters are initials of the "Tuffest" guys they know) These manuals are not written down. And, quite frankly, I'm not sure anyone else really knows about them or what exactly the rules are. Recently they've also created a "fraternity" of sorts by the name of Sigma Tuff. And Seth is supposedly the "Godfather." But I'm not really sure because it's gotten quite complicated. I do however know that Seth and David along with a couple of their friends are the "founders" of said frat.

So, from what I figure, "Tuffness" is something that happens, whether it's an event or something said, that you can't believe just happened. For example, one day Seth was burning incense in his room. My Dad, who is a smoker, said (with cigarette in mouth), "Put that shit out, I can't breathe!" Hmmmmmmmm...

That's Tuff.

So, Dave, what's that over there? --------->

And, hey Seth!......"ah shaddup!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home