Thursday, January 10, 2008

shedding skin

Today has been one of those days where i just have zero patience along with physical reactions to stressful situations and people that annoy me. i can feel it. lingering. frustration and annoyance coating my skin like when it rains in NYC and you forgot your umbrella and you just feel...filmy.

in an effort to shed some of this skin i try to breathe. i take 10 minutes out of my day to actively participate in the enjoyment of eating an orange. but nothing seems to help and it just keeps piling on. the slimy film of mounting aggravation. the last straw is during my train ride home and a woman wearing an ungodly amount of scent plops down next to me. 'THERE ARE SO MANY OTHER SEATS TO SIT IN!!!!' i am screaming in my head while trying to remain calm in my unfortunate place trapped next to the window. after one stop i seriously cannot breathe without eating this disgustingly fruity concoction emanating from this woman. and i know it's not her, it's me. i am the one who gets a migraine from almost every perfume and cologne and how is she to know this? i can't take it any more and excuse myself to sit just a few seats up from her as i gasp for clean air (which on public transportation is rarely to be found). i whip out my hanky and start to breathe through it knowing there are only two more stops before clean (i use the term loosely), outside air. running from the train car, i don't care who i bump or shove out of my way. at this point i know it's safer for everyone if i'm in my house because i am so wound up.

and i try to relax - but dishes are piled up and boxes are still everywhere. i plow through the dishes; decide i'm hungry and eat the leftover curry and decide "eff this, i need reinforcements" and open a bottle of wine. my next thought is - "i am so not making dinner at this point." i need to bathe myself in this bottle and get some of that aggravation off my skin.

so here i am - almost through my first glass of wine; one cd down (the new Dillinger Escape Plan) and onto the second (Aimee Mann - Lost in Space). and i'm feeling a little better. i can feel the sticky day falling off one sip, one breath at a time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home