Thursday, November 17, 2005

Definitions

We attach so many labels to make it easier to define who we are.
To define what we think we should be to those around us. It would be nice if people wouldn't stereotype us by those tags, but unfortunatley it's done ~ all across the board. I know I am part of it.

We connect ourselves to objects, ideas, other people with better or more interesting definitions.

As for myself, people see what I choose for them to see. Even if it's a bit tweaked. I've collected ideas and labels that I thought other people would enjoy more, or find more interesting. I have buried myself deep within. It's so much easier this way. To let people guess who I am rather than letting them in on the secret. So few people know what shapes me nowadays. I'd like to know when I starting throwing the dirt over my core.

I wish it were easier to shed some of the labels I've created for myself. There are so many that don't really seem to apply anymore. But I'm good at letting people still think they do. Perhaps for my own sanity. It's so difficult to explain it to people. Would they even understand? Why do I want to deal with the internal conflict of letting some of my pieces go?

It seems that chapters of my life have dissolved into oblivion ~ and yet without them I wouldn't be who I am. It's difficult to connect some of the dots. It's difficult to remember why I put that dot there in the first place. Youth and naivite perhaps? Probably.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home