Friday, December 30, 2005

Ma Soeur qui as la plus belle ame

You've heard a little about my brother's (see The Tuffness), but I've not mentioned much about my sister. She is beautiful - and has a beautiful soul.

We're about a year apart in age, which is great - at least now it is. We always had somebody to play with when we were kids, but once puberty hit all hell broke loose. (Maybe my mom would have some input into that.) I remember fighting with my sister when we were little, but nothing compared to when we were teenagers - maybe I just remember more from that time.

Anyway we would fight constantly - or at least 95% of the time. Maybe it wasn't that much, but sometimes it really seemed like it. Complete with hair pulling and all the nastiness sisters can muster up. I know I can be cruel.

But then we stopped living with each other and our relationship blossomed. Funny how a seperation of hundreds of miles can bring people together - and Post-Adolescence.

Now, since I am way less self-absorbed than I was when I was a teenager, I can finally see and appreciate my sister. Sarah is kind and gentle. She seems to be reserved, never getting too excited about things - but she has this light in her eyes that shines. She's amazing. She'll do things that scare her - like walk across a suspension bridge 280 ft off the ground - even though she's afraid of heights. I admire that. There are times when I think we are completely opposite and then there are times when we are eerily similar. We have similar physical stances, and we laugh about having the Szulwach gene of tending to talk way too loud when we get excited about something. But these are our packages, and I think we've done well with them. We've learned to appreciate each other so much more - that's important.

And, I think, she has great hair.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi... saw your comment on my blog so I thought I'd pop over and see yours. I just read through a few posts back... I love your idea of owning a tavern. I'd definitely pop in for a pint!

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home